Black Bean Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Ranch
SERVES 6 | FINISH IN 60 MINUTES
6 medium Sweet Potatoes
2 tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
1 Yellow Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, finely minced
1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 c. Dry Quinoa, cooked according to package directions
3/4 c. Frozen Fire Roasted Corn¬
1/2 Small Lime, juiced
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Cumin
3/4 tsp. Salt
For Topping: Green Garden Plant-Based Avocado Ranch
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Wash the sweet potatoes and pat dry. Poke each potato several times with a fork. Brush each potato with a small amount of oil and season with salt. Transfer to the baking sheet and roast for 40-45 minutes, until fork tender.
- While the potatoes are roasting, add 1 tablespoon of oil to a pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté, stirring, for 5-6 minutes. Stir in minced garlic and cook for 2-3 additional minutes. Add cooked quinoa, black beans, corn, remaining tablespoon of oil, lime juice, chili powder, salt, and cumin and stir well. Cook over medium low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool for 7-8 minutes. Cut a slit in the top of each potato and remove some of the cooked sweet potato filling. Fill with the quinoa black bean mixture and top with Green Garden Avocado Ranch.